Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
AsimKhan2019
Helper I

Removing unused Wordpress databases

Hi, 

I have some unused Word press databases. I have removed the users and the sub domains of these databases, but now I cannot remove them from my Plesk database account. 

Kindly please tell me how to do it. 

Regards,

Asim Khan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AsimKhan2019 

So that is VERY helpful - you'll notice for all of these it says "The server is unavailable" - this would suggest that although plesk is aware of the databases you setup however, the MySQL server is not running or you are not able to connect to it.

Usually the database server is localhost in your example it seems to be on a different server

I would go in Plesk to Tools & Settings -> Database Servers and check what is displayed - you may have to reach out to GoDaddy support to find out why your Plesk installation is not connecting to the Database Server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PL281
Super User IV

@AsimKhan2019 

There should be a drop option for the database itself.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 

Hi, 

There is an option of remove database, but that option is disabled. I do not know why?

Regards,

Asim Khan

@AsimKhan2019 

Can you post a screen capture of what you are seeing??

Hi, 

I tried to drop the database myself using the script, but unfortunately I got the response that I do not have rights to drop the database. 

I do not know how to remove unused and unwanted database now. 

Regards,

Asim 

@AsimKhan2019 

Without seeing a screenshot of what you are seeing / which database you are trying to remove I really can't assist with this.

Hi @PL281 

Please find attached screen shots. Hope this helps. I do not know how to remove them. The option is disabled. 

Regards,

Asim Khan

3.png4.png5.png6.png

@AsimKhan2019 

So that is VERY helpful - you'll notice for all of these it says "The server is unavailable" - this would suggest that although plesk is aware of the databases you setup however, the MySQL server is not running or you are not able to connect to it.

Usually the database server is localhost in your example it seems to be on a different server

I would go in Plesk to Tools & Settings -> Database Servers and check what is displayed - you may have to reach out to GoDaddy support to find out why your Plesk installation is not connecting to the Database Server

View solution in original post