Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
thesoft
New

Service Unavailable every single day

hi, I am very disappointed with GoDaddy hosting, every single day when I try to post on the website get this issue: after a successful post server down 503 

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

so please help

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JMPepper
Advocate VII

Hi @thesoft ,

To avoid many of these errors I do two things:

1.  Optimize my site, particularly images.  I use SmushPro and use the CDN that is provided to serve images.  This offloads image serving and helps performance significantly.
  2. Use the free Cloudflare service.  This help TREMENDOUSLY with caching, plus you can set performance optimizations such as minification and compression.

Also, check your wp-config and user.ini to make sure you have allocated more resources.  Bumping memory and php processing time often takes care of 5xx errors.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JMPepper
Advocate VII

Hi @thesoft ,

To avoid many of these errors I do two things:

1.  Optimize my site, particularly images.  I use SmushPro and use the CDN that is provided to serve images.  This offloads image serving and helps performance significantly.
  2. Use the free Cloudflare service.  This help TREMENDOUSLY with caching, plus you can set performance optimizations such as minification and compression.

Also, check your wp-config and user.ini to make sure you have allocated more resources.  Bumping memory and php processing time often takes care of 5xx errors.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post