cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Staging and Production Syncing Stuck at 60%

I was trying to fix a problem with our website giving a 500 error in chrome randomly after a update to wordpress, I cloned over to staging to work on it and the problem doesnt happen on the staging , I tried to clone it back over and overwrite the production and it has been stuck at 60% for 5 hours now Smiley Sad

what can i do , i just want to cancel this and restore yesterdays backup atleast , anything to get the site up that doesnt take 5 hours !!!

8 REPLIES 8
Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Re: Staging and Production Syncing Stuck at 60%

Hi @jjkinas, sorry to hear that :-/

Since this is an account specific issue, you should contact support in order to receive proper help or ask them to cancel the migration.

I hope you can fix it! Smiley Happy

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy

Staging and Production Syncing Stuck at 60%

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here. I wonder if you can give me some advice. I understand the concept of a staging site but I don't really "get" where the copy is and how to access it. I know that you can "toggle" between the two from the "your products" section on this site but when I'm making amendments on WordpressI'm not sure which I'm using? Also, and this my have some baring on my previous question, the syncing between the two sites has been stuck on 60% since last night. I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Everytime I try to push staging to production this happens! And the chat support is always offline, which means I end up spending an hour on the phone mostly on hold trying to sort something out which should be a 1 button press, EVERYTIME!

New

I have the same problem. I created the staging site on Sunday. It's now Tuesday and the process is still stuck at syncing the plugins and theme. I don't know what's wrong. 

New

This seems to be a recurring issue with something that should be simple. I have pushed the Sync production to the staging site and it has been stuck with the splash screen

Your staging site is almost ready.
This should only take a minute or two.

This is brutal. How can anyone expect to wait over an hour for support just so they can reset this. I have had to do this three times in over a year and every time the same error. Get this fixed as it is OBVIOUSLY a problem that is affecting many of your customers!

I too am having this issue... I've had it too many times and have to call to have GoDaddy reset it.

This should not be an ongoing issue, but it is and has been for months for me.

According to some of the tickets looks like over a year that GD is aware of it.

Staging and Production Syncing Stuck at 50%-80%.

Calling to have it reset all the time is extremely inconvenient, to say the least.

What is GoDaddy doing to fix this issue?

Same issue here.   Stuck at 80%...have to chat with support each time, which takes 30 mins to resolve.  They fix it manually each time and wont' tell me what the problem is, aside from a plugin.  Nobody will tell me which plugin is causing the sync to fail.  Is there somewhere I can look on the server to see logs on sync?  I could troubleshoot this myself if I can access the logs showing the failures.  With the sync, we just see a progress bar and no information on what it is doing...Any advice appreciated.

"Reviewing the files and plugin will solve the issue."

This is what chat support gives you ^.  Review the files and plugins for what?  What am I looking for here?

Anyone else raising sync issues and getting no information on what is causing the failures?