cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-Domain Mapping trouble

Hi everyone,

I manage a subdomain, but I have some trouble.
Example:
blog.example.com run good

but

www.example.com/blog not run

Any advice to solve the trouble ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sub-Domain trouble

Hi @Chuck512

The answer would depend on what kind of issue you're having. Based on what you've said here, I would assume you've mapped blog.example.com to the same directory as example.com/blog. If you're using WordPress, it might load incorrectly if the domain is set as blog.example.com and you access it from example.com/blog. Feel free to post more details. Perhaps others in the community have more insight.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I just go to subdomain from manager.
Something write like when I create a subdomain I can use "blog.example.com and www.example.com/blog"

But It's wrong.
I have only blog.example.com
The page www.example.com/blog reply:

Not Found

The requested URL /welcome was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I believe the twice adress are create automatically without do anything :/

I use example cause I can't write the domain, It's adult website.

Hey @Chuck512,

I think Jesse was on the right track, cause this is sounding more like you're using WordPress which can sometimes be tricky about how you path domains or subdomains to specific pages. If this is a standalone blog you're trying to setup, have you tried changing the domain name in WordPress using the steps we recommend in the following article:

Changing Your WordPress Domain Name

I understand the sensitivity in not sharing the name. However, if you can shed light on other details like what steps you've taken in order to correct this so far? That sort of information can help other members who've encountered what you're going through offer a better solution for you. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi,

I am using PHP and purchased the cPanel GoDaddy package. The www.writtenforchrist.org and www.writtenforchrist.org/index.php work fine.

With the subdomain phpsample.writtenforchrist.org and phpsample.writtenforchrist.org/index.php; I receive the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Under /etc/ is a blank directory phpsample with permissions of 0755.

Under public_ftp/ is a blank directory phpsample with permissions of 0755.

Under public_html/ is a full directory phpsample with permissions of 0755 for directories and 644 for the files.

should be /etc/ not /ect/

The above post typo has now been corrected.