cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Syncing Staging to Production No Effect

I have been using my wordpress staging site to work on changes that my client want for their website, ever since then I haven't been able to push my work to production from staging without overwriting content because when I use the sync option push staging to production nothing happens after the loading screen. the production site is still the same.  I was able to get around with the function overwrite content but everytime that I use this overwrite content all the button links in my site does not update to the production URL, It still stays the same as the staging URL. so now I have to reedit all the buttons inside the website to match the production domain. What can I do to fix this? I'd be glad to provide you any information that I could. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Syncing Staging to Production No Effect

Hello RaphaHealth,

I hope you are well.  After you work on changes in your Managed WordPress staging site, you can push all the changes you made to your live site.

Note: Staging sites are available if you have a Deluxe, Ultimate, Developer, or Pro Managed WordPress account. If you have a Basic account, you need to upgrade your account to use a staging site.

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
  2. Next to Managed WordPress Websites, click Manage All.
  3. For the website you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Staging.
    select staging
  4. Click Sync Options.
  5. For Pro Managed WordPress accounts (available only in U.S.A. and Canada), select Copy staging to production, and then select one of these options:

Choose this option... ...to do this:

Theme and plugin filesOverwrite only the live theme and plugins, and any additional code (for example, CSS or JavaScript) on the live website. Does not overwrite uploads, posts, pages, and plug-in configurations on the live website.
All files and databaseOverwrite all files (plugins, themes, media) and the site database (posts, pages, comments).

For Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer accounts, select Push staging to production, and then select Overwrite content to push all your changes (for example, new posts, comments, or pages) to your live website.

For Pro accounts, click Sync Now.

For Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer accounts, click Sync.

More info

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Highlighted

Re: Syncing Staging to Production No Effect

Hello and Good Day ZulWeb,

I've already tried your solution and I was presented another issue. 

I was able to get around with the function overwrite content but every time that I use this overwrite content all the button links in my site does not update to the production URL, It still stays the same as the staging URL. so now I have to reedit all the buttons inside the website to match the production URL. 

Thank you.