cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

The featured image always overrides the default header image even though this option is not enabled

Hello,

My website is https://groovyjesus.com/
I am using the Primer "Version 1.8.6" and having an issue with the header image being replaced by the blog post "Feartured" image. There is a checkbox to "Use featured image" in the header media section of the theme and this is not checked. I have checked it, published, then unchecked it and republished but the issue is still there. The featured image always overrides the default header image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper V

Re: The featured image always overrides the default header image even though this option is not enab

Hi there,

Looks like you got it fixed, good job!

Coralie

Mrsroadrunner Photography

Re: The featured image always overrides the default header image even though this option is not enab

Thank you! Smiley Happy
New

What was the solution?  I am having the same problem.  I don't want the hero image to be replaced by the feature image.  I have unchecked the box, but it still overrides. 

Sorry to see you are having an issue as well but I didn't do anything, it just started working one day. Very strange.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@sonofjacob More than likely, if you didn't take further action to address what was happening, it was probably caused by caching on your computer. Typically you can clear that up by following the steps here, but it's possible your cache refreshed on its own, and that's why it suddenly started working. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.