cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Trying to configure SMTP for gmail in Wordpress. Not working.

Dear all,

I have installed Wordpress on our server and I am now trying to configure our SMTP Mailer with Gmail.

I get this fail message:

Connection: opening to smtp.gmail.com:587, timeout=300, options=array ()
SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. (10013)
SMTP connect() failed.

I am quite sure that all settings are correct. I have read that GoDaddy does not support Gmail.

Is that correct??

I do need to use that specific mailaddress. Does anyone have the solution for me?

Grts,

Shanti

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Trying to configure SMTP for gmail in Wordpress. Not working.

Hello @Shanti!

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your time here. To help your peers offer solutions for this issue, can you reply with some additional information? What type of hosting you're using, which scripting, etc. Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem. i cant recieve emails from my contact form on my wordpress site. Im using an email from my account here at GD.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi @sharon1!

Welcome to the community. Can you provide some more detail so the community can help out? Which hosting type you're using (Linux or Windows,) what scripting you're using, etc. Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted

Heather,

I am having the same issue.  I am using wordpress, I have linux hosting.  It looks like ports 465/587 are blocked by godaddy for shared hosting.  The same plugin works on another hosting provider. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi,

I am getting below error while sending email through gmail. it is working fine in .net framework but when i deploy it on godaddy i am getting this error. hope someone can help me on this.

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 74.125.130.109:587

Highlighted

Hi @atsithub@CSteiner

Here is an article via WordPress.Org  support forums that might resolve your issue. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted

Hi @charminglygeeky

I've checked article you shared but my problem is still going on.

CSteiner wrote:

Heather,

I am having the same issue.  I am using wordpress, I have linux hosting.  It looks like ports 465/587 are blocked by godaddy for shared hosting.  The same plugin works on another hosting provider. 

Thanks

I have exactly same problem.

Thanks.