cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Wordpress admin on mobile

I have a shared hosting plan and installed Wordpress on one of my domains. Current version of installed Wordpress is 4.8.

I can login to /wp-admin via a browser on my PC and do what I need to do, but attempting to access login via /wp-admin from my phone or tablet just keeps redirecting me to the same login form as if I mistyped the password. I cannot seem to login via mobile. Even when my phone is connected via WiFi to my home network, where the IP never changes, I cannot login. I cleared my browser's cache on the phone and no luck.

I searched the forums and made sure things looked correct in the wordpress settings. I have no plugins installed in my Wordpress site. I see on Google that a lot of people seem to have problems logging in via iOS devices and place XML-RPC but no solutions.

The Wordpress site uses a standard out of the box theme with one page -- so nothing fancy at all.

Any ideas what I need to do to troubleshoot and login via mobile?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @sdwebguy, that's really strange.  Can you log in from another mobile device?  A tablet, or another smartphone?  

I'd also suggest checking the app store for the official Wordpress app to see if you can log into your dashboard that way.  

MPC

New

Same problem here. Any work around?