cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload media: The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads.

I recently moved from custom directory to root directory for my new wordpress site. Now I am unable to upload any image. I have checked the path in Settings>Media and its set to default. Looked at different solution on this forum and was suggested to change the 'inherit' settings on wp-content folder via file manager, spinner comes and confirm the settings was applied, but when i open the Privacy setting again, the inherit checkbox is unchecked again. BTW I am on windows hosting so cannot change permission using chmod. I also tried Filezilla to change the folder permission, but it just doesn't work.

Uploading plugin also throws same error - The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2017/08.

Wil appreciate if someone can help. pleassee

1 REPLY 1
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Unable to upload media: The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads.

Try this FIX I found online: https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/fix-uploaded-file-not-moved-wp-contentuploads/

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar