cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Upload_max_filesize Error Please

I have been struggling to install a WP theme on y site for the past 4 months
Each and every attempt results in a broke theme because Godaddy limits the file size

I have been back and forth with the theme support and they have asked me to

"Contact to your hosting provider to increase the file size/ max_execution_time / post_max_size/ memory_limit.:

The response from theme Support and the requested sizes are as follows.

. . .your site has very limited upload_max_filesize
Maybe it is only 2M.
So we can't upload the theme again to try to fix your issue.

Please request your hosting service provider to Make these changes in PHP Options to correct: the error

- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 512M or your highest available
- post_max_size 32M

- upload_max_filesize 64M

Can someone please help me out?
Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @saint_annie,

It sounds like you may need to increase the PHP upload limits for your hosting plan, here's how: https://www.godaddy.com/help/php-upload-limits-on-shared-hosting-1475. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate VII

Hi @saint_annie,

What theme are you using and how big is the file?  Note that some themes have a zip file within a zip file that contains the actual theme.  With a bit of information we can probably help you out!

Looking forward to your reply!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi @saint_annie,

It sounds like you may need to increase the PHP upload limits for your hosting plan, here's how: https://www.godaddy.com/help/php-upload-limits-on-shared-hosting-1475. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post