cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Vary: Accept-Encoding

I've been deep diving into performance tweaks for loumarcsigns.com. Pingdom's report is saying:

The following publicly cacheable, compressible resources should have a "Vary: Accept-Encoding" header:

I have added the following to my .htaccess file and purged the cache but it doesn't seem to take. Anybody else able to get this working?

<FilesMatch ".(js|css|xml|gz|html)$">
    Header append Vary: Accept-Encoding
  </FilesMatch>

Thanks,

Frank

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Vary: Accept-Encoding

Hey @frankstallone,

Any luck on your end with this yet? Afraid I don't have any specific documentation on this, but I did find another discussion forum topic on this that might help if you still need it. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper II
Helper II

No, I haven't had any luck. I don't have access to this server like I do a dedicated virtual to go deeper so 'luck' is all I do have and since that isn't working I am stuck.

Your link discussed what, 'Vary: Accept-Encoding' is. I know what it is. I want to enable it on my sites. In the OP I posted the code I am using in attempt to enable it. It's not working (you can use the same link I have to re-test).

Let me try a more pointed question. GoDaddy how do I get Vary: Accept-Encoding headers enabled on my sites?

New

Hi Frankstallone,

I am having issues with this as well. Have you found a solution yet and care to share it?

Thanks

Helper II
Helper II

I am at a loss. I have exhausted all resources and GoDaddy hasn't responded to this message so I presume they either do not know, cannot be bothered, or this is slipping between the cracks.

New

Im having this same problem.  Getting at F at Pingdom and Gmetrix.  Have the prescribed code in my htaccess.  But when I test my site with other resources it does respond with:

Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent

Using this site:  https://varvy.com/mobile/

Helper II
Helper II

TTT?

Helper II
Helper II

TTT