cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

WEBSITE WILL NOT LOAD KEEP GETTING 503 ERROR PAGE!!!!

Ok I have done everything!! I am trying to use this Pleski crap and it is not working with wordpress. It does NOT allow me to update my anything!! Themes or anything and when I go to my site I keep getting either the 503 Error page or that stupid something cool is coming page!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: WEBSITE WILL NOT LOAD KEEP GETTING 503 ERROR PAGE!!!!

Thanks for confirming, the cPanel and Plesk based plans work a little differently.

You can simply cancel the Plesk plan and get a cPanel plan instead.  Contact support directly with your account information and tell them you want to change the OS (operating system) of your hosting plan so they can set-up the credit for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see if chat is available or you can call the number listed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User I

Unless you have a specific reason to use Plesk/Windows you should switch over to cPanel/Linux, that's better suited for a WordPress site.

I'm not sure how to not use the Plesk. How do I switch over to the other?

Super User I

These are the old steps, I am not sure if the selection is still available under the customize modal.  Let me know if this does or does not give you the option.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/switching-your-hosting-account-operating-system-1285?

it doesn't allow you to do that. I upgraded my account thinking I could do that. But as I go back it seems to be only the Plesk set up, unless I'm totally missing something which I am sure I am. 

Super User I
Solution

Thanks for confirming, the cPanel and Plesk based plans work a little differently.

You can simply cancel the Plesk plan and get a cPanel plan instead.  Contact support directly with your account information and tell them you want to change the OS (operating system) of your hosting plan so they can set-up the credit for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see if chat is available or you can call the number listed.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much!

Super User I

Glad to help.