cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Website Builder -> Wordpress = completely new plan?

I started on GoDaddy with their Web Builder tools, added in email/office 365 and so on.  A chunk of cash that was okay to spend if i could get what I wanted from it. I've quickly realised that the web Builder tool isn't going to give me what I want and think starting again in Wordpress is the right call. Ideally that would be to leave everything as it is, nuke the site itself and then rebuild it using Wordpress.

After two conflicting and confusing discussions with support staff, it seems that for me to do that I have to cancel my previous plan entirely (losing the remaining eleven months already paid for) and start and entirely new plan for over £100. 

This is just to change from the provider's own tool to a different tool.

Is that correct?

Steve Pritchard
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Sionel 

I am an End User like you so I can't speak to specific GoDaddy refund policies just what I've experienced. 

1) Yes you do need to purchase a new plan - that is correct

2) I suggest calling into support rather than chat if that was the method you were using... Some products qualify for an in store credit when moving between platforms - not all do. 

If you are within 30 days of the original purchase I believe that also qualifies

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@Sionel 

I am an End User like you so I can't speak to specific GoDaddy refund policies just what I've experienced. 

1) Yes you do need to purchase a new plan - that is correct

2) I suggest calling into support rather than chat if that was the method you were using... Some products qualify for an in store credit when moving between platforms - not all do. 

If you are within 30 days of the original purchase I believe that also qualifies

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thanks - the refund policy was the first thing brandished at me. A signifier that I've made an expensive mistake and that there's simply nothing that can be done to help me.

Which was lovely.

I just feel far less driven to hand over another £100 to GoDaddy to do exactly what I'm doing now but with a different tool . . . one that they don't even provide themselves. It feels a little bit exploitative. Taking my domain to another hosting site feels like the preferable option, sadly.

Steve Pritchard