cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What hosting package should I use to migrate my WordPress site?

I'd like to move this wordpress goo.gl/QdA14k in entirety after i purchase one of goddady's plans.

Please tell me why is Wordpress Hosting Package limited to only one domain and Normal hosting packages come with unlimited domain adding....

Should i take the Website Hosting Package instead and just install my wordpress in it?

I have copied entire cPanel and i have entire wordpress backed too....

I see that this all is possible with special Wordpress plugins, but i dunno what plan to take...

I could ask all this to support if they had chat or email support....

4 REPLIES 4
Helper I Helper I
Helper I

Re: Hi guys, about migration

The WordPress hosting is dedicated towards wordpress only to help deliver the website faster, basically. They say "Built specifically for WordPress to optimize the speed, reliability and security of your site."

The WordPress hosting plan also comes with malware scanning. 

Normal Hosting plans would work as well, but if you have a large site with a lot of visitors the dedicated might be best for you. 

With the normal hosting plan, you would need you 'wp-content' folder and the database. Also, theme options, pages, and posts should be backed up.

~ eVersatile

Thanks for your reply eVersatile. I have pretty low traffic and the site itself is not intended to be too big. I've got so far maybe 30 pages.

Do you think I could migrate it all without an issue with All-in-One WP Migration for instance? Because there is no customer support as far as I can tell now, I have to ask here buddy. Thx much

New
New

Re: What hosting package should I use to migrate my WordPress site?

The difference is that godaddy wordpress hosting is manged. You can do everything with a button click and there are automatic backups for your database and files. Higher options also include malware scanning. It's for people with little or no technical knowledge.

With CPanel hosting you have to install wordpress, take backups (if necessary) all by yourself. It would be confusing for a person with no technical knowledge, and you have to spent more time in installing and maintaining your site.

Helper I Helper I
Helper I

You should not have any problem using the normal hosting plan with that small of a website.

Just be sure to back up every little thing. Sometimes the WP All-in-One backup fails backing up certain items.

~ eVersatile