cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Did I Just Get Locked Out of my WordPRess Sites?

What's going on? Earlier today I was able to log into one of my WP blogs just fine. Now I'm locked out. All I'm getting is a "502 Bad Gateway" message, regardless of which blog I try logging into. I'm current on my account. Everything is paid for, and, according to GoDaddy, there are not outages and everything is running smoothly.

So if there is no outage, and since I am current on my account then why and I'm being locked out of my WordPress sites?  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Why Did I Just Get Locked Out of my WordPRess Sites?

@MarinaM 

Are you on Managed WordPress???  Assuming you are, the 502 error pops up from time to time and usually corrects itself within about 10 minutes - it usually has to do with a connection somewhere between GoDaddy and your internet provider (the middle man)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Why Did I Just Get Locked Out of my WordPRess Sites?

Yes, it's managed WordPress, and, for lack of a better description, it sounds like GoDaddy has gremlins. LOL! 

It seems to be resolved now, and, sometimes restarting the computer can help as well. 

Thank you for getting back with me. Much appreciated, and I'll close out the discussion.