cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Why is it so incredibly difficult to build a Managed WordPress website from an existing template?

Having spent over 3 hours, in vain, trying to build a website using an existing theme template, I am very frustrated and almost ready to cancel my account.  I learned that BEFORE anyone attempts to use one of the templates, a prospective user should learn the ropes from WordPress Codex.  This brings 2 questions: 1) Why wasn't this said at the time I signed up? and 2) how can I get help from WordPress...do I have to agree to a minimum of X hours at $X per hour?  Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Why is it so incredibly difficult to build a Managed WordPress website from an existing template

Hello Eugene!

Not knowiing exactly what your are working with, I can say that some templates are more complex and do require several hours to understand and get the hang of. I can tell you that you will probably have the same issues with just about every website builder out there...

There is a point where you have to decide if you want to spend the time building your website or doing what you are comfortable or skilled at. If you need something done in a different language, are you going to first learn the launguage and then do it yourself, or are you going to find someone who knows the language? I tell my clients that they can focus on their business and hire someone to build their site and it will usually be more cost effective.

Food for thought...

"I was just a child then, now I'm only a man” —Roger Waters