cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II

Why should I sign up for GoDaddy Pro?

It'd be nice to hear from people who have already joined GoDaddy Pro.

Why did you sign up? What kind of value are you getting from it?

6 REPLIES 6
Helper VI

Well... First and foremost, it is free. (That is the reason I signed up)  Once you sign up, you can use it as much as you want and if you do not like it, you just stop using it.

Now, the reason I kept using it is because GoDaddy pro allows me to manage my GoDaddy clients much much easier.

The things I love the most about it are:

-I only have to remember my own username and password in GoDaddy... no more having to login using other people's credentials to manage their webhosting. eg when you wanna access phpmyadmin or emails through cpanel.

-It makes requesting upgrades purchasing products on behalf of my cliens etc much more organize...

Thre's definitely more room to improve but those 2 points are enough reasons to make me want to keep using it.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

There is no reason not to sign up for GoDaddy Pro. The benefit is easy access to a client account that might use GoDaddy. We prefer that clients use our hosting solution but we do occasionally get clients who have already made an investment in GoDaddy products and GoDaddy Pro gives us the resources and tools we need so we can provide seamless support. We wish all hosting platforms were as easy to administer as the GoDaddy accounts are using the GoDaddy Pro platform.

The bottom line is we signed up and use GoDaddy Pro because we have clients that use GoDaddy. That is why GoDaddy Pro was created isn't it?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

In my experience since the Pro program started I find I get:
1) faster and higher quality tech support (Pros get their own tech support phone number)
2} easy way to access my client's WordPress dashboards and GoDaddy account settings without having to lookup each client login. The Pro dashboard gives me access to my registered clients' accounts with just my single GoDaddy login.

With a couple dozen clients on GoDaddy managed WordPress hosting it's a time saver.
WordPress Coach & Consultant

Agreed re the better support via their toll number (it's not toll free). I have always been impressed by the level of support especially for Managed WordPress.

I also really like the monitoring tool for websites since it can send text messages. I just wish it monitored more than 10 domain names.

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I echo everything said so far and will offer that the Pro support via chat rocks. I have saved so much time the few instances I have had to use it. No more phone calls and waiting on hold!

(Note: I represent that growing community of mid-level service providers who aren't quite developers but can still build WordPress sites for clients)

I have used the reseller hosting features from a few top-brand WordPress hosting companies, and I do like that GoDaddy's Managed WordPress hosting offers a temporary domain as part of the package, out of the box. So, through the Pro dashboard, I can start a client's site quickly. Useful for several cases, including:

1. They are still picking a domain name

2. They are hosted somewhere else and want the redesign to start before they have a chance to get me access

3. They want to pay for a redesign but aren't really sure they want a redesign (it's happened)

and more...

And I will say that the one-click staging with the Deluxe package in Managed WordPress is super easy. 

And through the Pro Dashboard, I can quickly navigate all of the client sites. I briefly used WP Remote, which made theme and plugin updates quick and easy ... until it didn't. Now, I would rather take the few extra minutes to access each dashboard and double check that my UpdraftPlus local backup ran successfully before updating. 

Hope that helps add to the conversation.

Advocate I

There isn't a downside to it. It's like, HEY HERE IS THIS FREE THING! And you can use it or not, there is no downside to it. I call into the Pro line a lot because I honestly get the weirdest cases, and sometimes I just want to clarify something like what account level someone needs to get X functionality. (I'm basically a troubleshooting developer, so all I do is hard cases.)