cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Word Press site downloading VERY SLOW.

Trying to work on my site and the site downloads very slow...like 30 minutes. I deactivated all plug ins, nothing,

Changed themes a few times, no change. 

At the bottom it reads "Waiting for secureservercdn.net......."

When I try to visit the site all that comes up is <% phpinfo(); %>

Next?

16 REPLIES 16
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Word Press site downloading VERY SLOW.

@mspm47 

1) What is your domain name

2) In https://myh.godaddy.com - go to your site settings and disable / re-enable the CDN

3) Are you able to access the admin of the site

4) Try adding /?nocache=1 to the end of your URL and seeing if the site loads (if so do flush cache from within WordPress

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

1. ARockStarphotographer

2. done. no change

3. I can access the the WP admin

4. Done, 

No change. 

Super User II
Super User II

Hello If you are downloading through your browser, that can go very slowly even if you have a fast internet connection. Also, check to download speed on IDM. Maybe your provider is limiting that transfer. If you are using HTTP / HTTPS connection it could be a problem.

Update WordPress version and check all plugins. I something is putting the load on your server and this is the main reason for slow downloading speed. Are you using premium or nulled WordPress theme? 

If you are using nulled or free WP theme then remove it and install premium one.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
New

I will do in the morning. Time to shut down. Thanky

Super User III
Super User III

@mspm47 

I was able to get to the site with http://arockstarphotographer.com/?nocache=1 

1) I would disable the CDN - Don't re-enable it

2) In the admin do a flush cache

3) Make sure you don't have any other caching plugins enabled

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I'm trying from the early morning to work in my site and I experience the same. 
I communicate with the customer care and they couldn't solve the problem or give an explanation of why such a thing happening.

I tried all the ways ..deactivate all the plugins, clear the catch, try different browsers and the problem still as it is. 

Thinking seriously to change the hosting provider 

Super User III
Super User III

@LotusWest 

I'm not sure if you are the same person as @mspm47 - As I mentioned last night I was able to get to the site https://arockstarphotographer.com/?nocache=1 and it works fine as long as I am bypassing the cache (that's the /?nocache=1)

I don't see anything specifically in the HTML that would suggest a specific plugin - but for this site specifically it is 100% a caching issue

I've never seen a WordPress site get hung like this before - it seems as if the CDN is currently disabled but something is still caching is. Personally in this case I would ask support to "redeploy / republish" the site - which will reset all the file permissions (it doesn't touch your content) and it should clear everything through

@LotusWest  - If you are a different user, please provide your URL so we can take a look at it 

The same issue is happening with me. My website is opening very slow if i am not using /?nocache=1  as you mentioned. I had autoptimize plugin which i uninstalled but nothing changed. Now i am finding a way to clear all cache from wordpress

Super User III
Super User III

@abhinavtiwari 

Welcome to this thread - is your site hanging on the secureservercdn.net URL as well - or is it slow

The OP has a specific issue where it is trying to load from the CDN but it seems like it is not enabled.

During loading in the browser it says "waiting for secureservercdn.net" . My website is "specialpetstore.com" and it works perfectly when i use /?nocache=1. I have deleted the plugin autoptimize. Shall i add another cache specific plugin like wp super cache to delete cache from wordpress?

Super User III
Super User III

@abhinavtiwari 

No you shouldn't have to install any plugins as that ADDs caching. Just to confirm - if you goto https://myh.godaddy.com and go to your site you have the CDN disabled - correct???

It is enabled. Shall i disable and then re-enable it or keep it disable?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@abhinavtiwari 

Step 1) DISABLE it - and leave it disabled - once you do that it should take a minute and then say it is disabled and to view your site

Step 2) View your site - it should hopefully now load correctly without having to bypass the cache

Assuming everything is looking good.....

Step 3) Re-enable the CDN and see if it continues to work correctly - you can also do a view source to see if resources are loading from the CDN.

If we pass steps 1 & 2 - but fail on step 3...

Step 4) Disable the CDN - then disable all plugins (Note: there really shouldn't be any plugins that conflict with the CDN, but it is just something to test for to be safe) and then re-enable the CDN

Step5) If you've hit this point - it means you've disabled the CDN, Disabled all your plugins, re-enabled the CDN and the issue is still there.... - You can re-enable your plugins and leave the CDN enabled for the moment

You will now have to call into support (don't use chat) and let them know that you are having an issue with the CDN on your Managed WordPress site.... The first thing to ask them to try is to re-deploy the site - this resets the file permissions and "should" fix anything that maybe off - if this doesn't fix the issue then support will more than likely need to get the admins involved.

I just called into support and there is no currently "known" issues - I also have almost 200 sites on the MWP platform and I'm not personally experiencing this so it's hard to say what specifically might be causing it - other than perhaps a permissions issue which can come up from time to time.

You can also let the support person know the steps we've gone through. If you do have to call in, please be patient with the support rep - they have certain things they need to document when escalating issues, so if they ask you to repeat some of the steps it's only so they can view the same results in order to escalate the issue.

I hope this helps you and @mspm47  and @LotusWest  and anyone else who might be having this issue.

Please post an update when you have one

I disabled the Cdn and the site worked smoothly. Will follow further steps too.

I was having this problem since yesterday and finally it got resolved by you.

Thanks a lot 🙂

Super User I
Super User I

Hey @PL281 and thanks for sharing that.

I had a client earlier today complain about the CDN on his GoDaddy Managed WordPress site. I was deff noticing some slow connection speeds on secureservercdn.net. After a couple 'Flush Cache' the site started working again.

I like your troubleshooting notes. Going to have to use that for next time!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Highlighted

skype push to talk  is also developed on WordPress. wordpress is very fast and useable. but sometimes it takes more time as usual.