cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

WordPress Lyrical Theme help - Change Hero on Home page to Slideshow

I have a question on how to change the large home page image and I am just not good at this yet? I hope this is simple and do-able? I purchased this from GoDaddy Wordpress hosting.

It is on: http://44b.98d.myftpupload.com/

1. Can the rotating large Hero image on the home page be changed to a slide show? Or do you have another theme close to this one I can switch to? Real important to have a slide show! Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WordPress Lyrical Theme help - Change Hero on Home page to Slideshow

Hi @DebDye. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean. I installed the Lyrical theme on a test account but didn't see a rotating image. Perhaps you're referring to a different theme by a similar name. Either way, it looks like you've removed the image or changed your theme. If you can provide more information, others may be able to provide additional suggestions. Good luck!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Can I make the large hero on top of the homepage be a "slide show" instead, rotating thru my photos every couple seconds or so. Can you tell me the steps?

All it does now is show one photo every time someone comes to the website. You have to refresh to see another photo. Thanks!!!

It says:
Current Theme
LyricalVersion: 1.0.0
By GoDaddy
Lyrical is a Primer child theme with a focus on photography and beautiful fonts.
This is a child theme of Primer.

New

Can I make the large hero on top of the homepage be a "slide show" instead, rotating thru my photos every couple seconds or so. Can you tell me the steps?

All it does now is show one photo every time someone comes to the website. You have to refresh to see another photo. It is on http://44b.98d.myftpupload.com/

It says in My Godaddy Managed Wordpress account:
Current Theme
LyricalVersion: 1.0.0
By GoDaddy
Lyrical is a Primer child theme with a focus on photography and beautiful fonts.
This is a child theme of Primer.

Thanks!

@JesseW I know this is an old topic but I have a related question.

I want to completely remove the Header Image / section that appears on the Home Page in the Lyrical theme and replace it with a slider using something like Smart Slider or MetaSlider. So far, I have only seen that you can put a single header image that is static. There must be a way to replace this -- I hope! I basically need to remove that and insert a short code to have the slider appear. (In case it matters, I am also using Beaver Builder.)

I have seen that you can add a Hero Widget but that is only superimposed in one section over the Header Image.

Would appreciate any help/direction you can give on this!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @erikjrussell. I'm not sure how you would do this. What you're suggesting would essentially be changing the theme itself. If you know how to make CSS changes, you might be able to have the header hidden, but that wouldn't necessarily allow you to replace the header with something provided by a plugin. You may want to consider using an entirely different theme/builder. I have seen some (like Divi) that allow you to start a new page that doesn't have a default header but can be built from a blank page with whatever elements you want. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW - thanks so much for your reply.

Unfortunate to hear this is not something that can be changed, but I understand that it's all up to the theme design. Thanks for the tip on the Divi theme/builder. Do you know if there are any GoDaddy themes that have this flexibility to control the header graphic?

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@erikjrussell - I don't unfortunately. To be clear, it would probably be possible to make changes to the child theme files to replace the header with something else, but I'm not sure how you would do that. Being that it's a child theme, that does help. You might want to do some digging in other WordPress forums to find out how you can modify the header of a theme. If you change the child theme files, that still usually gives you the core features of the parent theme (Primer) while letting you make updates. However, keep in mind that if you are prompted to update the theme and do so, you'll lose your edits. 

Okay! Thanks for the follow up. Appreciate it.