cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

WordPress Office365 SMTP

In this day and age you would think GoDaddy would be flexible enough to allow SMTP via Office365 to authenticate messages.

Why oh why are you still stuck in the dark ages.

Every mail I send goes to Junk or quarantine this is a very bad experience for me and my customers when I use relay-hosting secureserver net.

All I want to do is to authenticate the message being sent as a safe message from my domain.  Yet your seem fixated on causing nothing but pain.

Just open up port 587 and have done with it already.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: WordPress Office365 SMTP

Hello @AntG and welcome to the community. 

When you open the message header of one of the emails that is being sent to junk what is being flag? Possibly not having a SPF record or DKIM record for your domain can sometimes cause a email to get directly routed to junk/spam folder. 

Have you checked out this GoDaddy article - https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-an-spf-record-19218

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Highlighted
New

Re: WordPress Office365 SMTP

Hi Drew @davisdre317 

I have a TXT record in my DNS settings with the value "v=spf1 include:spf (.) protection (.) outlook (.) com -all"

What is the correct TXT for sending via the GoDaddy relays?

The mail header has

Authentication-Results: spf=none (sender IP is 188.121.43.194)
smtp.mailfrom=n3nlwpweb043.prod.ams3.secureserver.net; asgtechnologies.co.uk;
dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;asgtechnologies.co.uk;
dmarc=none action=none header.from=asgtechnologies.co.uk;compauth=fail
reason=601
Received-SPF: None (protection.outlook.com:
n3nlwpweb043.prod.ams3.secureserver.net does not designate permitted sender
hosts)

Thanks

Ant