cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

WordPress website down after updating theme and plugins

Hi there,

I updated my website theme (X) and plugins and now the following messages appears instead of my website www.aswisswithapulse.com :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/07/2498807/html/wp-content/themes/x/page.php on line 17

Can anyone help? From the message it looks like there might be a problem with the theme but I'm very unexperienced and don't know how to fix this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WordPress website down after updating theme and plugins

Hi @aswap. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. 

From the looks of it, you were able to get this fixed. I'm not seeing that error when I visit your site. If you were able to get it fixed, please consider following up here with what the solution was. Others may be able to benefit from your experience. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New
Solution

Hi Jesse,

Problem was indeed solved. I contacted the theme vendors and they told me to delete and re-install it via FTP.

Alain

11 days ago, I called GoDaddy for help updating my address in footer on website. After GD upgraded our server, Word Press and plug-ins, our website disappeared. They keep selling me new service/products but cannot seem to fix my site, which reflects on my business. And there is no one to contact by e-mail. Latest note from "Tyler" at noreply@notifications.sucuri.net says "your website seems to be damaged (it was working fine before GoDaddy tried to help update my address) and we may need a backup of your current theme in order to repair it. Can you supply a fresh copy or backup?" What does this mean, and how could I get a copy of the site that has disappeared? 

Pat Terry, formerly with website terry writers.com

Highlighted

Maybe GoDaddy will finally fix my site! 

My website, terry writers.com, is NOT fixed. There is a black and white page that pops up, somewhat GoDaddy version of one of our blog pages that is NOT even interactive, when it asks you to put in your name—is that so we can see who tried but could NOT access our site?and so we could get back to them by e-mail until you have repaired our site?

New
New

Not sure what hosting plan you're on but have you tried to restoring your site from a backup prior to updating the theme?

HackerPress

Hi @terrywriters

Welcome to our forums! Without having access to your account, it's difficult for us to look into the issue, or review what was discussed or done from our end. Please reach back out to our support team to look into your issue. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support