cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress 4.5.3. buttons not working

Hi guys, I'm the founder of this recently created website: http://cronaldodaily.com/ 

Strangely enough, I can't edit old pages or submit new posts in WP-ADMIN. I can't even upload media. The Visual/Text menus don't appear properly. Even when I try to update my User Profile on my WP-ADMIN, the page crashes after I click on the "Update Profile" button. By the way, I installed WordPress via Godaddy's easy 5 minutes steps on Aug 11. It's the 4.5.3. version. And all my 9 plugins are up to date. I tried deactivating all plugins to see if it's plugin-related. I also tried switching to Twenty Sixteen theme to see if it's theme-related. Both options didn't fix the problem. 

What could be the solution? Can anyone assist me in fixing that, please?

Can't wait to finally be able to publish my first posts & pages since purchasing my domain & installing WordPress last week. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

"I see only the objective. The obstacle must give way" - Napoleon
4 REPLIES 4
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: Wordpress 4.5.3. buttons not working

Hi @AngelaStars,

If this is a managed WP hosting plan, here's my recommendation based on recent experiences. I called tech support a couple of times and was not able to solve a problem very similar to yours.

If your plan is for 1 site, call GoDaddy and ask them to help you migrate to a new server or delete this site and start over.  Either something went wrong on the installation (even though the wizard completes ) or there is a likely server-related problem.  GoDaddy is doing a lot of work on their managed WP hosting servers.   I had a site that for the last 2 weeks that was worse than frustrating to say the least.  I put it down for a couple of days, let the updates complete, and my site has been much better the last 3 days.  Not perfect, but much better!

If your plan allows for more than 1 site create another one and see if the same thing happens.  On the managed WP plan even if you have multiple sites they may not be assigned to the same server.  

Also, make sure your theme and plugins are given adequate resources like memory, number of variables, and php execution time.  These can be set with a user.ini file.  If you are not familiar with this GoDaddy tech support will add the file your installation for you. 

Some themes and plugins require far more memory than the base setup for a GoDaddy server.  Check your documentation for requirements.  For example, on one of my premium themes the memory usage goes from 40MB to 512MB with the installation of a demo and 3 plugins.  Lack of resources will break a WP installation and give strange errors sometimes.

I know that this is not a high-tech answer, but hopefully a practical solution to getting your site going.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Solution

Hey James, 

I'm in Ghana and for some reason, WP-Admin doesn't work well when accessed from here. Yesterday, a GoDaddy Super agent told me that everything appeared fine on her end. We did lots of test but nothing happened... But, PROBLEM SOLVED! Guess how? Via my Avast anti-virus' Secure VPN Line. Finally! I hope this can be the solution to anyone else experiencing the same buttons issue. 

However, now that I'm able to finally edit & publish posts, I have php.ini upload maximum size errors even for very small images. So I'm going to ask GoDaddy agents for support. 

Your last two paragraphs are super helpful. Thanks so much, James! Smiley Happy 

Cheers,

Angela

"I see only the objective. The obstacle must give way" - Napoleon
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Very interesting solution,  and yep, I can see how that could work!

If you need anything else let me know!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

When I go to MyHosting Page and click on WP-ADMIN Button under Managed Wordpress Section, it redirects to my site and I am unable to redirect to WPAdmin Login Page even though i tried inserting /wp-admin at end. Please help me in resolving this Problem.

Innovategraphix.com/wp-admin NOT WORKING!