cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
SevenStar
Novice

Wordpress Contact Forms, Google Enterprise and Godaddy

My Wordpress site uses contact form 7.  Our email is handles through google not Godaddy's default setup.  Is there any way I can get my contact forms to work without having to revert (downgrade) from the google enterprise to Godaddy's own email service?

4 REPLIES 4
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

Re: Wordpress Contact Forms, Google Enterprise and Godaddy

The contact form plugins don't care where your email is hosted. However, are you on the cPanel hosting? If so, then I think the form processor tries to handle the email locally on GoDaddy's servers.

I have had this issue with clients who use GoDaddy hosting, but their email is elsewhere. The way I fixed it was as follows:

• Under Email there is an icon for MX Entry -- click on that
  • Then you'll see a dropdown box to pick a domain, and a screen will appear that says Email routing. 
  • Under that you can choose "local" or "remote" -- if your email is not at GoDaddy, you want to choose "remote." So that forces emails to go outside of the GoDaddy system and behave as if they were sent from somewhere other than GoDaddy's server. Otherwise it tries to look internally for email on their system.

SevenStar
Novice

Interesting, I'm on the page and it shows a place to enter MX records as well.  Should I duplicate the google MX records that are on my domain section or just leave it be?

SevenStar
Novice

I Did it without changing the MX on the cPanel page and it worked, thank you!  this was a very interesting thing to try to track down lol

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Well, the first time I had to deal with this situation, it took a long time to figure out! But I've had it happen a few times since then and this always seems to get it working. Glad it worked for you!