cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Wordpress administration emails have stopped working?

I created a Wordpress website on my Windows hosting mid-2018. The last administrative email that I received occurred on Sept 5, 2019 when I upgraded Wordpress to 4.9.11. Yesterday, when I upgraded to 5.3.2, I noticed that I did not receive an email. I then tested creating a couple of new users which normally also sends an admin email. No emails appeared at my gmail account.

I then opened up Chrome in Incognito mode and tested the Password Reset link for a couple of admin users (myself and one other person). Neither received an email to reset their passwords.

I'm also encountering issues with Contact Form 7 not sending form submission email notifications to the designated To email address. I've tried setting the To value to my gmail and the Office 365 account set up with GoDaddy.

I've attempted contacting GoDaddy Chat support who said that I need to check with Wordpress, but this doesn't seem to make sense. From the various posts I've read so far, it seems like there are many settings that GoDaddy should be able to verify for me first.

What should I look into with Windows hosting? Other posts have suggested reviewing cPanel settings, but I don't have access to anything like that.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Wordpress administration emails have stopped working?

@NiganDong 

I am a linux /cPanel person, but this sounds like an email / smtp issue on your windows server. Generally speaking while WordPress will run on Windows, it is not advised to do so.

So the first step is looking at any mail settings on the server in general.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII
Solution

Hi @NiganDong ,

I will reiterate what @PL281  said about Windows and WP.  With that said, try the plugin route.  Here is a well-known reputable plugin that helps with smtp setup and issues.  

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Make sure you have access to all of your email ports, logins, server names, etc.  Its a simple setup, just need the right info.

Good luck!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@NiganDong 

I am a linux /cPanel person, but this sounds like an email / smtp issue on your windows server. Generally speaking while WordPress will run on Windows, it is not advised to do so.

So the first step is looking at any mail settings on the server in general.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII
Solution

Hi @NiganDong ,

I will reiterate what @PL281  said about Windows and WP.  With that said, try the plugin route.  Here is a well-known reputable plugin that helps with smtp setup and issues.  

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Make sure you have access to all of your email ports, logins, server names, etc.  Its a simple setup, just need the right info.

Good luck!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites