cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Wordpress change directory

My wordpress was pointed to http://www.mydomain.com/blog folder. I decided to change wp blog address with my domain root (http://www.mydomain.com). I used change directory feature in manage applications > wp window. After 24 hours it still shows directory change in progress. No change in wp path. Also I can not reach to my wp-admin page.

It shows error: 

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Hosting\9400644\html/wp-load.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\Hosting\myID\html\wp-admin\admin.php on line 31

I can see only details link in my manage application screen for wp. I can not change anything. Current directory displayed as "/". Version field shows endless spinning loading image. Uninstall button is disabled.

I can reach my blog (not admin) on old url but css not loaded.

I called support they told me it takes time. It seems something corrupted and I can't do anything. How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Wordpress change directory

@oktay

At this point things should be changed -- it doesn't take this long.  I would get back in touch with GoDaddy as this is a server-side issue and I do not believe there is anything you can do.

Did you take backups of your site before doing this?  If so, you may want to just move the site manually.  Here's a step-by-step.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown
Highlighted
New

@Muse I can not reach to wp admin console.

Why I try to do things manually on a managed system? Godaddy put move function on wp settings and I wanted to use it. Now I feel alone. Terrible experience!

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@oktay

I'm not sure I understand your situation.  It is probably best that you get on the phone or chat with GoDaddy and work with them to discover what the issue is.  Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown
New

After 5 days change directory completed. I lost some data. I think it is because image library. It couldn't find old images.

Beside the technical issue there is a problem with support. The local Godaddy support is not capable to fix anything. They support for sales part. Because of this I preferred to write here.

Thank you @Muse