cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

content not filling full width of page using ascension theme

Hi,

please can someone help, i'm really new to this and thought i had it all nicely working and then i clicked on change appearance and it all caused carnage. I am using accession theme, but now i cannot seem to get my home page or any other page content to fill more than about 60% of the width of the header. so it all stacks below one another rather than sits as 3 nice tiles with paragraphs like it did yesterday. please can someone help me? many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: content not filling full width of page

Hi @danjgrayuk. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The Ascension theme comes with Beaver Builder, so it's hard to say for sure which part you're having difficulty with. You may want to check the Layout setting when on the appearance>customization page. There is a page width option where you can choose fluid to make the header full width. Also, if you edit the Hero widget area, there is an option to add additional widgets within the header, which sounds like maybe what you are seeing now. If none of that helps, you may want to share the domain of the site and screenshots of what you're concerned about. That may help others give additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW, thank you for your time to reply to my post it's appreciated. The domain is localconsultingco.com and the main issue is on the home page. It may be the widget issue, but i'm not quite sure how to fix it! For now i'm keen to have a really basic site, as you'll see, but i do want it to look acceptable, currently on a desktop it does not look acceptable on the home page, the other pages sem ok! many thanks, Dan

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@danjgrayuk - Hmm. It doesn't seem like this is due to the Hero widget. It looks like the homepage is set up to use the WordPress sidebar, which usually holds widgets. I was able to duplicate this issue on a test site. Try editing the page (All Pages > Edit, not Page Builder) and choosing the full-screen layout. Take a look at the screenshot below to understand what I mean. If you select that then update the page, it should make the columns fill the whole content area. 

ascension layout.gif

ascension layout.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

ah you star! that was all it was and i spent so long trying to work it out, but it was right under my nose, thank you for your help, if i could buy you a beer i would! 🙂