cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

email notification on new comments

Do i have to do something to enable email notification of new comments? Right now anytime someone posts a comment i get nothing in my email - i have to go to the site and manually check for new comments. Likewise if i reply to a comment, there's no email notification sent.

6 REPLIES 6
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI
Solution

Re: email notification on new comments

It's set up in the WordPress admin stuff. Go to Settings/Discussion. 

There is a check-box for "email me whenever anyone posts a comment." Make sure that box is checked. 

If the box is checked and you still are not getting notified, make sure the site has the right email address for the admin user. And then make sure the notifications are not going to your spam or junk mail folders.

New

well the email address was set to some seemingly random address. I changed it to my email address but i'm still not getting notifications. and under general- discussion - i have both options checked for 'email me whenever'

Plus i'm not sure how the 'from' address would prevent emails from being sent out.

New
Solution

got it fixed - the email was going to a gmail account where i have everything from there forwarded to another account - and gmail was dumping those emails in spam instead of forwarding them.

New

I am not receiving notifications of comments, I built my site with web builder and have a page with the contact info box (send a message) 

New

Newbee question

I build a site with webmaster, I have a contact us page, I am not receiving any notification of  contacts

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jmchef. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

From what you've said, it seems like you might have a Website Builder account. This topic is related to sites built with WordPress. If you are having an issue with Website Builder, I'd suggest posting your question as a new topic under the Building And Managing A Website board. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.