cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

how to take backup of my website that is hosted on virtual private server.

hi friends, i am new at vps. i have a website ( http://askshirdisaibaba.in ) . it is hosted on virtual private server. i do not know how to take backup in vps. please tell me the step for taking backup of my website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Helper VI

If you have cPanel, there is a backup script that you can run which can be found under file management.

If you do not have cpanel, you have to put all your files in a zip then download it via ftp/sftp. The commands to do this may vary depending on your OS. You also have to export your mysql, thr easiest way is through phpmyadmin.

You should also take a look at rsync. rSync is legit.

If you are not using CMS... your development environment should be your means of back up.
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Helper VI

If you have cPanel, there is a backup script that you can run which can be found under file management.

If you do not have cpanel, you have to put all your files in a zip then download it via ftp/sftp. The commands to do this may vary depending on your OS. You also have to export your mysql, thr easiest way is through phpmyadmin.

You should also take a look at rsync. rSync is legit.

If you are not using CMS... your development environment should be your means of back up.
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

View solution in original post