cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

"Continue Reading" Button

I have a blog set up on my site,  I use it to post a daily picture via email.  All the email contains is a subject and a picture. When I check the blog, The title is correct "the subject of the email" but the picture is not displayed,  you have to click on the "continue reading" button that is present.  I am using the Lyrical Theme.  I have tried other themes, but they do the same thing.  It looks like jetpack is controlling the blog.  

Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Advocate VII

Hi @flipperz ,

The problem is not with the theme, but with the way email-to-post works.  The short version is that these types of posts were really never intended to be media posts.  Basically, it's a convenience feature for popping up some quick text for an announcement.  What you do, is exactly the way it works.   

In place of email-to-post, I use the wordpress app with it configured to access "self-hosted" sites.  It takes just a bit longer than an email, but no worries with media and formatting.  The app has gotten better over time. 

One more alternative is perhaps create a Zap (Zapier).  This is a bit more complicated, but Zapier is great for time-saving automation.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate VII

Hi @flipperz ,

The problem is not with the theme, but with the way email-to-post works.  The short version is that these types of posts were really never intended to be media posts.  Basically, it's a convenience feature for popping up some quick text for an announcement.  What you do, is exactly the way it works.   

In place of email-to-post, I use the wordpress app with it configured to access "self-hosted" sites.  It takes just a bit longer than an email, but no worries with media and formatting.  The app has gotten better over time. 

One more alternative is perhaps create a Zap (Zapier).  This is a bit more complicated, but Zapier is great for time-saving automation.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information. I will mess around with Zapier.

John D.