cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

"Site Setup in Progress" stuck at 65%

Setting up a WordPress site and the site setup in progress bar hasn't moved from 65% in hours.

40 REPLIES 40
New

Re: "Site Setup in Progress" stuck at 65%

Yes, same as @kazrisk, I too have tried to SYNC the STAGING site to the PRODUCTION site and the "Staging setup in progress" has been stuck at 60% for well over an hour?
New

Hello again,

@Gabe I thought I would link you here as well to see if my two issues are linked? 

When I login at #/hosting/mwp/index I have seen the "setup" progress bar for over 5 hours now? I have no other access to my wordpress hosting page while the setup bar is in progress?

Regards

New

I'm currently stuck at 65% as well. I have no other options available. 😞

Stuck at 65% as well - it's incredibly annoying as I've literally just purchased the premium managed wordpress package and now I can't do anything with it - the upload in progress can not be halted or removed.

Stuck at 65% Why??

Same here! WFT Godaddy??!

Same here! WFT Godaddy??!

SAME HERE!!! FIX THIS GODADDY. Stuck at 65% as well.

I don't what percentage my setup made it to, but after about an hour or so installing word press I got this message:

We can't access your WordPress account.

This is why we pay the big bucks? 🙂

I got both the site setup 65% and can't access your account msgs. Glad I started this early before the new year. I wanted to start my blog in Jan. Looks like i'll need the extra time for all the glitches.

I still have the problem and its midnight now!!! Lets see the award winning support of godaddy!

Same problem. Any solution yet? U set aside specific time to get this site built and now I am at a road block. 

Also Stuck at 65%

New

I'm having the same issue

Same here - the bar moved pretty quickly in the first few minutes then stopped 65% about 4 hours ago.  Tech support assured me all is well and that if there was anything going on, I would be alerted by an error message.  

What i would like to know is if i should go ahead and start the authorization process for the domain transfer...i should have asked the tech when i had him on the phone....

Update....

after 5 hours @ 65% - something happens!  40% Migration....followed by.....  Migration Error!

New

I called tech support, they told me that there was a site-wide issue with this, the admins are in the server now trying to fix it. I got given a 2-3 hour estimate about 2 hours ago but of course there could be even more extended delays. Wanting to get this done so that I can develop the website over the weekend while I'm away on vacation.

Merry xmas to everyone, hope you guys have a fun and safe weekend 🙂

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jyles@kazrisk@ReluctantAdmin@Kenny@food2000@BATS@evilbeer@ASHRAF01@mayukotaketa@shubhendumishra@fearlack72@elemeche@heather333 - Thanks for your posts

As some of you have pointed out, we were having issues with changes to accounts taking much longer than normal to process. That is something our admins have been working on the last few days. There have been periods where this was resolved and then later popped up again. Based on the age of your posts, most of you should have seen a resolution by now. If not, please get in touch with our support team (if you haven't already) so they can see what's going on. Thanks for your patience!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

The same stupid error ... 

Now I will go back to another hosting provider.

Staging setup in progress - stuck at 60% since yesterday

Hi,

I can see my staging setup has stuck at 60% since yesterday. I already had my staging setup and was working on staging environment for my website. This issue I faced when I was trying to move the content to production.

Need urgent help.

I've been for hours waitin, what shall i do????

I'm currently stuck at 65% as well. How much time did it take for you guys to get this resolved?

This is not acceptable GODADDY.

Solution

@sahilism@alinatourü@constantin85

The known issues previously mentioned back in December should have been fully resolved. We haven't had any other system alerts recently reported on our Managed WordPress servers that would account for a continuation of the issues you're each indicating. 

Since this is going to require further investigation into each account, you'll want to reach out to our live support so our hosting team can assist in resolving the cause. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Friend

Is this issue Resolved??,

Same situation here. Stuck at 60%. I called GoDaddy to no avail. Same persisting issue for two hours now. Not good.

New

Hello,

I'm having the same issues and I am not able to call support because I live at the end of the world.

Is there some way to write an e-mail or to solve this throughout chat?

Because it is kinda lame that something is not working because GoDaddy is having a bug, and we need to spend extra money on calling support.

I need to establish my site today and I'm stuck at 65% setup. 

This is really irritating. 

Regards,

Mirsad

I am now having this issue and will give it a couple hours but if not resolved, good by WordPress / GoDaddy.

lol.

It's August and the problem persists ... does it take 8 months to get a fix? 

Well it's January 2018  and I have the same problem. Staging stuck at 60%. No reason I can figure out. Shouldn't this have been resolved by now!

Managed wordpress account?!

@Workdammit wrote:

Well it's January 2018  and I have the same problem. Staging stuck at 60%. No reason I can figure out. Shouldn't this have been resolved by now!

Managed wordpress account?!

On this beautiful January the 25th of 2018, at 4:48 o'clock in the PM, I can confirm that it still aint workin. Broke...

My WordPress Business Package's STAGING Site Is Stuck In Replication Mode For 3 Days Now. Help.

My WordPress Business Package's STAGING Site is stuck in replication mode for 3 days now. Help.

Last time this happened, I had to call in and waste 2 hours waiting on the phone for your network admins to manually free it up. Please just fix it!

I got two sites for hosting. One was set up rapidly the other one is stuck at 65%

Yep , 3rd time I am using staging site in about a month with it breaking every time before, and guess what, stuck at 60% and main site won't even load. Every time I try to use the main feature I pay extra for, it breaks, and never a solution. If I get on with Godaddy they fix it somehow, but I always have to get on with them either with an hour long phone call or if by some miracle the chat is open, and it is never a permanent fix.

Really  I am wasting hours everytime I use staging for something which is supposed to be a one button click. When will this get fixed!!

I have the same problem - what's the solution?

Same situation here. Stuck at 60%. SThe same persisting issue for days now!!

Just chatted with tech support. Was told it could take up to 24hrs for a managed Wordpress to install on some servers. This is concerning.

New

I'm having this same problem now with setting up a staging site (stuck at 80% complete for more than 4 days). I did nothing unusual - simply chose the option of pulling the production site to a staging site. Not a lot of data in this site so it shouldn't have taken very long. Despite the number of complaints with this problem over a two year period, there still appears to be no resolution. Even a hint from the support staff on what needs to be done to fix this would be helpful input to the forum. I know that processes sometimes hang and need to be killed/restarted. If the staging site setup process is prone to this happening, it would be nice to acknowledge that fact and have a way for the user to request aborting the process and starting over. Any input on this as of 3/22/2019 would be very helpful.

Hi Moderator,

September 2019 same problem occurs. Just purchased the plan. What is the workaround or solution for this? I cannot start building the site now. 

Kind regards,

Steve

New

Steve,

My staging site is still stuck at 65% after 6 months. I've had three calls to GoDaddy support, each of which claimed the problem would be fixed within a few hours (days at the most). The tech support people are very polite, but this particular problem is clearly beyond their technical abilities. I have multiple WP sites hosted on GoDaddy and have had to move one of them to a new hosting provider as the only way to eliminate this problem. One of my other sites is not far behind. Wish I could report better news.

Sept 2019 and I'm having the same issue. Was told 24 hours by support and it's still stuck. Any recommendations for other hosting companies? I've been with Godaddy for over 10 years....I pay for the Ultimate package...and the tech told me I chose the antiquated one....I'm done.
New

I switched one of my three sites to BlueHost several months ago (https://www.bluehost.com). So far they have been excellent. Reliable and fast performance. And you get a free SSL certificate with the hosting plan. I will be switching my other two sites there soon.

Highlighted

Thank you!! I will take a look at them today 🙂