cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

wordpress admin login issues

I seem to keep being locked out of my wordpress admin login, on clicking on the edit site link from th go daddy dashboard the wordpress login page loads. It keeps on showing my old username and password for an old site I had. I clear these and enter the correct username and password and it reports its incorrect yet I know they are correct. Close the page and try again I get the same response. If I click go back to wordpress site link under login details it loads up my website but no dashboard access. If I then go back to the godaddy dashboard and once again click on edit site link it logs me into my wordpress dashboard as it should. Why does it keep doing this and how can I stop it from doing it so I can just log in to the wordpress login straight away. Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: wordpress admin login issues

@premcars 

There are a couple of things going on here - GoDaddy does not pre-populate user name / passwords - that would be your browser.

If this is Managed WordPress, when you click login in the GoDaddy dashboard it uses a script to login as the first alphabetical Administrative user. Can you confirm the domain IP is pointed to the same IP as listed in the GoDaddy admin

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community