• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.79.109

Tried sending email from asp.net mvc website, i works perfect on localhost but its throwing this error when hosted on godaddy..

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.79.109:25

i have tried different ports '587', '465' and '25' and different email providers outlook and google mail.

is there any other way i can get the app to send email?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.79.1

Hi, @victorusoro. Based on that error, I would guess you are in a shared hosting environment. As such, you wouldn't be able to send email using an external mail server like Gmail or Outlook. To send email from a Plesk Web Hosting account, you would need to use the server relay-hosting.secureserver.net and specify port 25. If that doesn't work or if you're using another hosting platform, please update here. Others may have additional suggestions for you.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.