• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Can someone give me a detailed technical explanation of GD Site Monitoring

I have a client that is being taken advantage of by a "cyber security" self proclaimed expert for $2,000 a month - but yet doesn't seem to know when our shared clients website is down or up. Since I signed him up for GD Site Monitoring in my pro dashboard, we have been getting alerts of downtime. He has blamed this on a "DNS" issue - but I fear this is not the truth. 

Can someone help here with a deeper description on exactly what this product is?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @PrecisionLegal

The site monitoring through the GoDaddy Pro dashboard checks sites every few minutes to see if they report as up or not. A site can report as down for a number of reasons. Really, any time the monitor can't get a positive response, it reports the site as down. It's similar to how other site monitoring services like Host Tracker work. A DNS issue could definitely cause the site to report as down. If you you'd like your specific issue reviewed more thoroughly, please reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look. 

What other monitoring services does everyone use? Share what you think!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.