• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Drupal site getting 500 ISE after being transferred to another GoDaddy server.

Hi,

I'm getting the 500 Internal Server error after my site was migrated to another server today.

My site is Drupal based.  And I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out and no luck so far.  I was with a chat support earlier, but it was cut off.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

cib

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager

Hi @cib. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

500 errors can be difficult to troubleshoot because they are usually very generic. I'm not sure what's happening in your situation, but here's what I'd suggest you look at first:

• Try disabling your site's control files (.htaccess, php.ini, php5.ini, user.ini, etc.) one by one. Renaming them is a good way to do this. If the site works, review the coding of the file for things that would have been specific to your previous server (IP, absolute path, etc). 
    • Review any error logs that are available. The only hosting we have that wouldn't provide this would be a Classic Economy Hosting account. 
    • Check Drupal settings for mentions of absolute path. That would usually change when moving servers. 

If none of those help, then I'd suggest trying to connect with support again. (Sorry you got disconnected Man Sad) There could be an issue with the account. 

Has anyone else in the community had an issue like this? What did you do to get the site working again?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

JesseW - thanks for the reply and for the suggestions.  I tried them but no luck still.  And unfortunately, mine is Classic Economy, so I have no error log at all.  I'll keep on checking.  And will try get in touch with Godaddy support once online chat becomes available.