• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Emails are not going through from any of the website hosted on my VPS Hosting

Hi Team,

I have VPS Hosting where some of my client's websites hosted and was working fine. But from last week something happened and due to that emails are not going through from any of the emails of any of the website.

Emails are shown in Mail Que Manager after sending and not sending from que. We have this issue since last week and GoDaddy Team not able to support or fix for this issue.

As we  offer them for paid solution but they said they haven't any skilled person who resolve this error and still waiting for to resolve this error.

At last they said IP was blacklisted and it'll make working once IP is whitelisted. But, we have checked and found IP is not blacklisted and already whitelisted.
    https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a132.148.157.6

I was very satisfied customer of GoDaddy since 10 years approx. But, after recent exp it looks they haven't expert team who atleast find what's the issue and suggest for resolve it. We (my clients) are suffering from last week and they haven't yet any answer for yet.

So if anyone has resolution then it's will be much helpful.

Here is log of mail que manager.

LOG: MAIN
    cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1fUtHa-0002A0-DP
    delivering 1fUtHa-0002A0-DP
    Connecting to dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.54]:25 from 10.193.96.82 ... connected
    SMTP<< 421 p3plsmtpout004.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : UtcWfU7YzUhyD : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.
    SMTP>> QUIT
    SMTP(close)>>
    H=dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.54]: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 421 p3plsmtpout004.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : UtcWfU7YzUhyD : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.
    Connecting to dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.210]:25 from 10.193.96.82 ... connected
    SMTP<< 421 p3plsmtps2ded01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : UtcWf1vut7psk : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.
    SMTP>> QUIT
    SMTP(close)>>
    H=dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.210]: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 421 p3plsmtps2ded01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : UtcWf1vut7psk : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.
    == testing.seeders@gmail.com R=send_to_smart_host T=remote_smtp defer (0) H=dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.210]: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 421 p3plsmtps2ded01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : UtcWf1vut7psk : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.

thanks

SystemSeeders

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Emails are not going through from any of the website hosted on my VPS Hosting

We're having the same problem - customers say they are emailing us but they get no response from us. We receive no emails from the site. Not good.

And not good that they told you they have no one to fix it.

Ugh - what to do?

~Barbara from Airpros

New

Re: Emails are not going through from any of the website hosted on my VPS Hosting

I just spent the last three weeks trying to fix this issue - this is what I found out (some of this info may not be 100% correct, but I did do a lot of research into this):

Godaddy forces your website to send email through their "STMP Relay". This relay is just a pool of servers (about 3-5 servers) that is responsible to do the actual sending of your emails out from your website.

It is these servers that are blacklisted (not your domain's IP) - and that why when the recipient's email server does a lookup of godaddy's server sending the email, it will see that it is blacklisted and reject connections to it.

Usually this will result in you getting an email many hours later from "mailer-daemon@secureserver.net" saying "It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again".

There are at least two godaddy SMTP relay servers that are currently blacklisted:

You can verify this by going to the below page and typing in the above IP addresses:

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

If you see any red "x" that means that IP is blacklisted on those spam listing services. And if the service is popular, that means your outgoing emails will probably be blocked by receiving servers that use those spam clearing houses.

The problem is that Godaddy knows that these servers are blacklisted and yet for some reason they don't remove them from the SMTP pool and replace them with good IP's so that godaddy customers emails will continue to send ok and not be blocked.

To make things worse, godaddy purposely blocks outgoing connections on port 25, so even if you have email server software that can send emails directly to your recipients, you are forced to use godaddy's SMTP relay service instead. Why they do this I don't know.

I hope this info helps.

I ran into this problem and here's how I solved it; maybe it'll help someone else!

Backstory:

I moved a shared hosted web application into a self-managed VPS. The VPS was supposed to come with 3 IPs and when the setup went through I only had 2 (didn't notice until everything was up and running/configured). By default, a website's binding in IIS is to * (which means ALL IPs for the server). I tested my SMTP connection before I realized I was short an external IP. Once the secondary IP was added, that's when the SMTP connections started going screwy.

Solution:

I was informed that VPS servers are only allowed to connect to the relay server via the primary IP. Because my site was bound to "*" rather than [PRIMARY_IP], this was the cause of my issue! I updated the site bindings and now SMTP is working as it should.

This did not have to do with blacklisted IPs (at least in my case). This was strictly an IIS binding issue for the site(s) in question. A VPS can only connect to the SMTP relay server via the primary IP on the machine.

Hope this helps!

can you explain how to update site bindings to primary ip, how to get this ip

Highlighted
    New

I am having mail delivery issues with a new VPS at GoDaddy.  After spending lots of wasted time on chat with Godaddy staff, I found that the Godaddy mail relay was being blacklisted.

Godaddy denied that their mail relays were blacklisted and asked for proof before they could do anything.

Then I did a google search "Godaddy mail relay blacklisted" and I found posts that were identical to my issue that are years old. The issue was so identical, I thought I wrote the post... So this has been going on for years.

I have been with Godaddy forever. I remember a time when all of Hinet (Taiwan) blacklisted Godaddy. None of our mail went though for weeks, the only solution was to use another mail service.

So Godaddy wants proof of the blacklisting - like I am the first person to bring up this issue.  I was at a customer site, and their IT person showed me the Godaddy mail relay in their blacklist. No way I could capture that info and send to Godaddy. Based on what I have read, and my recent experience with Godaddy staff, there is no solution. It won't matter if you have proof. The proof is all the posts out there with the same issue.

All you have to do is a trace on the email that was not delivered. You will see that the delivery handshake was fine. Godaddy considers that a success. But it is the processing on the recipients sever where the mail gets killed due to blacklisting. The mail does indeed get delivered to the recipients server, but their SPAM processing is killing the mail before it gets to the addressee.In the confirmed case I saw, it was the mail relay 198.71.232.2 that was blacklisted. I requested that Godaddy change our mail relay, they said they cannot do that. I now realize after reading many posts, that it is not just one relay at Godaddy that is the issue, so changing to a different Godaddy relay IP is not likely the solution.

Some have written that it isn't Godaddy, its the organization that puts them on the blacklist. If that is true, why do companies like Frontier not have this problem? I do tests, to the same addresses, and the Godaddy mail gets blocked, the frontier mail does not. BTW, in case you are wondering our domain IP is not the issue, and not blacklisted.

So what is the solution? Well first lets identify the problem. Godaddy is hosting servers that are being identified as sending SPAM, then that mail relay gets blacklisted. Its that simple. Again, we can argue whether the organizations that create the SPAM lists are being fair, however those are the rules, and when they blacklist an IP, companies that use that listing as a filter  will result in the mail getting killed before delivery.

So the solution is straightforward: either move to a different mail relay (move away from Godaddy) or Godaddy has to be more vigilant about monitoring and correcting their blacklisting status. It should be someone's job at Godaddy every day to deal with this issue. I just paid for 3 yrs on a VPS. So I am stuck with this constant worrying that our mail is not getting delivered. Its a terrible situation, that in the end, only Godaddy can resolve. Based on my recent experience with support, they deny this issue exists, and therefore the only real solution is to move to another mail relay that cares about not being blacklisted.