• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How to downgrade plan from VPS to shared hosting plan

Please direct me to an article that explains how to to downgrade plan from VPS to shared hosting plan.

And, also, in a different use case, how to transfer a domain to a shared hosting plan.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: How to downgrade plan from VPS to shared hosting plan

The simple answer to "How to downgrade plan from VPS to shared hosting plan" is manually. Basically you will have to move your existing hosting contents to your downgraded hosting plan. I've seen help with migrations when upgrading hosting but seldom have I seen assistance with downgrades? Depending on your hosting content your task can be easy or difficult. I've moved from various GoDaddy hosting plans to Managed WordPress and that was really easy but of course that is for WordPress hosted websites. 

As for pointing the domain (which I assume you meant when you mentioned 'transfer') check out Add domains - Web & Classic Hosting or Add domains/websites to cPanel hosting - Linux Hosting (cPanel) depending on the type of hosting account you have?. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Re: How to downgrade plan from VPS to shared hosting plan

Thanks for your reply! Since there is no direct downgrade process within GoDaddy and since I'll have to manually export/import/migrate anyway, I'll look around for a low-cost option as well as review the GoDaddy hosting plans.