Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    RachelM
    Community Manager

Let's talk about GoDaddy Cloud

For those of you who are interested in GoDaddy Cloud and want to talk about it, this is the place to be. Our Cloud team will pop in from time to time to say hi and add info on our product as well as address questions you might have. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    3 REPLIES 3
    Credicon
    New

Validation For Tld In Api Demo. How To Put In Agreed At??And Which Phone Format Is Needed There Can You Answer.
    Shakeeb
    New

Hi,

Currently I am using Godaddy Windows VPS with 2GB RAM and 40 GB storage. Now I want to move to Cloud. Please clarify below points.

• Is it Windows based?
    • Can I host .Net website with MySql?
    • Can I get remote desktop access?
    • What is the cost for 4 GB RAM and at least 60 GB storage?

@Shakeeb to answer your questions 

1. Godaddy Cloud Servers are LinuxBased 

2. You may be able to use Mono to host a .net app. You will need to use mod_mono with apache. Use this link for more information on porting .net to linux  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1116175/running-asp-net-on-a-linux-based-server/1163321#1163321

there are a few links with information on getting .net working in linux.

3.By default SSH is enabled and if you want a desktop you will need to install xorg and VNC to enable remote desktop login.

4. The cost would be $40.00 a month for a 60GB Storage and 4 GB Ram.