• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

.NET Postback Issues on Plesk/Windows Account

We have been battling .NET issues on our Plesk/Windows account for months now. Support can't seem to help, and because Plesk crashes when I try to update the .NET framework, I can't verify if this is a framework issue or something, else. The code works in my local development environment, and I have it published to another hosting company's server and it works there.

When the same codebase is published to GoDaddy, I have some very odd postback issues, such as default buttons not clicking but simply causing a general postback, and an updatepanel causing a generic postback.

.NET applications on this platform are useless if we can't even manage something as simple as postback.

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted

Re: .NET Postback Issues on Plesk/Windows Account

Hi @Benignvanilla, thanks for posting.

I haven't heard of any issues like this before. If you follow up with some more details, including exact error messages and/or relevant lines from any error logs, another member of the community might be able to provide some suggestions.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Highlighted

Re: .NET Postback Issues on Plesk/Windows Account

Gary, we have narrowed the Plesk error down to a Plesk patch that is not installed, so that is no longer an unknown.

The postback issue is still an unknown. There is no error condition, the pages simply always force a full postback instead of properly posting button events, or partial Async panel events. I have been researching this for eons now, and have just stumbled across the idea that its possibly that the pipeline setting is incorrect on IIS. I am currently investigating the possibility of changing that, and trying to find it in plesk, as a test.