• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Need help on self managed VPS mail server

Hi, I have a self managed VPS server used for mail server. I can receive mails and also can send mails internally, but mails to outside is not working. I guess this is caused due to the need of relay configuration.

Following are the details that I can share.

Entries from /etc/postfix/main.cf

relayhost = [dedrelay.secureserver.net]

And I see errors in /var/log/mail.log

Dec 14 22:18:39 epsrvu001 postfix/smtp[10835]: 5E79EA1A34: host dedrelay.secureserver.net[208.109.80.210] refused to talk to me: 421 p3plsmtps2ded03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net : HOSTING RELAY : Xqdjg6Etxrvg5 : DED : ESMTP No Relay Quota information retrieved. Please try again.

Can some one help to identify the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Need help on self managed VPS mail server - Postfix + Dovecot

Hi All,

The help from GoDaddy was limited as I was using self managed, but the information they provided helped me to progress.

Finally mail is working through the relay (Asian). I made following change in the /etc/postfix/main.cf

smtp_bind_address = provide your public ip

relayhost = [sg2nlvphout-v01.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net]
    inet_interfaces = all
    smtp_tls_security_level = may
    smtpd_tls_security_level = may

This solved the issue and mails are now moving via the relay server. Hope this will help who wish to have postfix+dovecot deployed in a GoDaddy self managed VPS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted

Re: Need help on self managed VPS mail server

After few chat sessions with multiple support personal a new relay server based on location was provided.

https://in.godaddy.com/help/find-my-generation-4-smtp-relay-server-24736

Since my server is is Asia, is selected sg2nlvphout-v01.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net

Then now I have another issue

relay=sg2nlvphout-v01.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net[182.50.132.235]:25, delay=0.09, delays=0.06/0.02/0.01/0, dsn=4.7.4, status=deferred (TLS is required, but was not offered by host sg2nlvphout-v01.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net[182.50.132.235])

Do any one have any ideas that can help me?

Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Need help on self managed VPS mail server - Postfix + Dovecot

Hi All,

The help from GoDaddy was limited as I was using self managed, but the information they provided helped me to progress.

Finally mail is working through the relay (Asian). I made following change in the /etc/postfix/main.cf

smtp_bind_address = provide your public ip

relayhost = [sg2nlvphout-v01.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net]
    inet_interfaces = all
    smtp_tls_security_level = may
    smtpd_tls_security_level = may

This solved the issue and mails are now moving via the relay server. Hope this will help who wish to have postfix+dovecot deployed in a GoDaddy self managed VPS

View solution in original post