cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

New VPS Server WebHost not connecting

Hi everyone,

I am new to creating vps in here so I'd like to ask if its normal for not being able to access the webhost manager for almost 5 hours after creating the server. I tried getting acces through ftp also to no avail

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User IV

@haslek 

No that is not normal - once the server is provisioned, you should be able to get to WHM/cPanel  - I've had it take about 30 minutes to provision but once up and running I was good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@haslek 

Sorry for the delay in replying - I hadn't gotten a notification of your post.

Delegated access shouldn't mater - I guess my question would be did the person you are helping select to have WHM/cPanel installed on the VPS - there is an option to not have a "control panel"

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@haslek 

No that is not normal - once the server is provisioned, you should be able to get to WHM/cPanel  - I've had it take about 30 minutes to provision but once up and running I was good to go

Thank you for your reply @PL281.

Still till now I have not been to get to the WHM/cPanel, I was able to login via ssh a little while ago but couldn't do anything other than that.

The account was delegated to me though so I don't know if that could be the possible case for this behaviour.

Please if you have any thoughts or suggestion I'll be glad to hear it.

Thank you.

@haslek 

Sorry for the delay in replying - I hadn't gotten a notification of your post.

Delegated access shouldn't mater - I guess my question would be did the person you are helping select to have WHM/cPanel installed on the VPS - there is an option to not have a "control panel"

Helper I

Hi, I would advice to rebuild the server. When your on the rebuild page look under choose your operating system if it says includes cpanel (see my screenshot). After the rebuilding is finished WHM/Cpanel should be available.Screenshot from 2020-06-14 14-28-19.png