• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Restarting my Apache Server...

Why is it a Epic Pain in the A** to restart my Apcache Server. Why doesn't the WHM have a easy Reset? Who came up with this stupid idea not to have easy links to restart common services? 

Best regards,
    TRI0N
    5 REPLIES 5
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Restarting my Apache Server...

Is HTTP server not listed under restart services in WHM? There is an easy button for it on a VPS or Dedicated server.

New

Here is the problem. I installed a new SSL. Deleted my expired one. However if you go to my domain it still thinks the old SSL is still there... But now there is NO easy restart Apache. So it's been at least a year that I even need to login via SSH. So I try to login. Hummm Service isn't enabled anymore for some reason. So I enable it in cPanel. I try to login in again.. Hummmm my login password isn't working or my Certificate got nerfed. Great back to cPanel. Hummm No Brute Force option to clear my IP on SSH... Now what Geniuses?

Seriously that is a Epic Pain in the A**!

Best regards,
    TRI0N
    New

I'm having this same problem currently. Did you figure it out?

If you can establish an SSH connection run
    ls /etc/i*
    that will pull up initialization files find apache or apache2 that will depend on the apache version. Then run /etc/init.d/apache2 restart which will kill the server process and restart it.

If you don't have the init.d command available for whatever reason you can run

apachectl graceful

Which will reload the configuration files.
    You might need to run the sudo command in front of those if you dont have the proper perms
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

@TRI0N,

Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if you're still experiencing issues, but WHM has built in features to assist with restarting common services. The Apache web server is one of the services that WHM can help restart. Once signed into WHM you will want to navigate to the "Restart Services" page and click to restart Apache. If an error is returned your next step will be researching the error. If no errors are returned, but Apache isn't running still, you may be able to get a more verbose error by trying to restart Apache via command line.

Aaron | GoDaddy - Managed Services