• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Run PHP inside .HTML files via web.config on Windows Shared Hosting

I have seen the following suggested for web.config but when I try it it crashes the whole website,

I think it fails because it does not find php-cgi.exe at that location.

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script">
             <add name="PHP via FastCGI" path="*.php" verb="*" modules="FastCgiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" />
    </handlers>

I need to execute some PHP in order to update some <meta .... > tags based parameters on the URL submitted.  eg. http://example.com/?v=abcdef

More likely, I will have embedded php only inside index.html or at most the root  *.html files.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, I going to hunt down how to process URL parameters from PHP.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager

Hi @Raweew. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure if what you're trying to do is possible, but I can help you get the correct path to php-cgi.exe. It depends on the type of hosting you have:

• Classic/Web Hosting: C:\php5\php-cgi.exe
    • Plesk: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP54\php-cgi.exe

Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Both paths you provided fail with the following errors:  

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

<handler> scriptProcessor could not be found in <fastCGI> application configuration

Requested URL:   http://mumti.org:80/mumti/date_php.html  

Physical Path file:///D:/Hosting/2584489/html/mumti/date_php.html  

Error Code 0x80070585

Can you please confirm the following is the correct entry in web.config to allow php to run inside .html files

<system.webServer>
             <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script">
             <add name="PHP via FastCGI" path="*.html" verb="*" modules="FastCgiModule" 
    		 scriptProcessor="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP54\php-cgi.exe" 
    		 resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" />
    	</handlers>
      </system.webServer>

The "Hosting Details" page shows the following:

IIS version 7.0 and PHP 5.3

FYI, php runs from files with extension .php

NOTE: if you know a different trick in web.config, whereby the requested index.html causes a matching index.php to execute and then index.php in turns returns index.html to the requestor.  That will do as well.

Thank you.

I have talked with support but all they can say is that php is correctly configured.  And enabling PHP inside .HTML falls into the hand of the CUSTOMERS 😞

Please could you provide the full entry that you suggest your customers to use in order to support PHP inside .HTML files.   I believe this should be enabled by default.  Thank you.