Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    arumugam
    New

Server down with out any reason

Sever is down without any apparent reason. When we contacted the support team they refused to attend as it is self managed. we are sure how to reach server which is down even if it is self managed. Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 11.38.46 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-07 at 11.38.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-07 at 11.38.30 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6
    PL281
    Super User IV

@arumugam 

I see this is a Windows Server - are  you able to get to the remote desktop - if so your server isn't down, the issue is that the GoDaddy Dashboard uses port 2224 to read server settings / usage

I would check the Windows Firewall and make sure 2224 is not blocked or specifically set it as allowed

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi,
    Incident ID is: [removed]

No we cant able to take remote desktop

Actually all ports are blocked , we cant block any ports on server suddenly today morning we cant access RPD and hosted sites

Only this ports are allowed , even i cant able to loin in SSH

Tamil Selvan K
    Software Engineer
    Software Development
    Freedom Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
    [removed]

No, we could not use Remote Desktop Connection, it throws the error. Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 4.54.59 PM.png

All ports are closed and we could not access. 

@arumugam 

Ok - That is odd - This is something that support would have to work with - I would explain that you are locked out of the server all together not that it is down

I'm not sure what the options are to get you back in.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

PowerGuy
    New

I am also facing this same issue since the last Friday , nothing seems to be working with Support saying 72 Hours and its still counting beyond . How was your issue cleared ?  Mine is a Linux server

Only rebuild my server godaddy never support
    Tamil Selvan K
    Software Engineer
    Software Development
    Freedom Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
    m:9944069054 w:www.freedomsoft.co.in [http://www.freedomsoft.co.in/]  e: tamilselvan@freedomsoft.co.in [mailto:tamilselvan@freedomsoft.co.in]