Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    AntonR
    New

VPS GEN4 and MAIL PROBLEMS (CRITICAL)

Hello there!

From when I migrated to a new VPS GEN4 EU (from GEN3 USA) I have a critical problem with delivering emails to a lot of big domains (like outlook, yahoo, hotmail).

On my VPS I have only 1 domain with 2 mail accounts & same 2 forwarders:

assistenza@mydomain.com  -> myemail@gmail.com

info@mydomain.com -> myemail@gmail.com

From the moment I upgraded from VPS-GEN3 to VPS-GEN4 I started to have 2 problems:

PROBLEM 1. When somebody send me an email from a .it domain (like @libero.it or @hotmail.it or @yahoo.it) I receive the email inside my mailbox on the VPS server, but not on the address of forwarder. Also the sender receive this error:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

myemail@gmail.com

(ultimately generated from info@mydomain.com)

host n1smtpout.europe.secureserver.net [188.121.43.235]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550 5.2.0 ED7rlVyxz0580ED7rlyP7G <somebody@libero.it  disabled="disabled" aria-disabled="true">  sender rejected. This relay isn't allowed to send mail "From" libero.it

PROBLEM 2. from time to time the RELAY server (GODADDY's) FAILS to deliver emails from my VPS-GEN4 server to .IT DOMAINS and even some .com domains (like @hotmail.it / hotmail.com / outlook.it / outlook.com). 

With 2 typical errors:

1. "blacklisted by return path"

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* somebody@libero.it

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "È necessario convalidare il tuo account per continuare"] to somebody@libero.it. MTA n1nlvphout03.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 213.209.1.129 -  550 , 550 smtp-04.iol.local smtp-04.iol.local IP 188.121.43.202 blacklisted by return path . For remediation  please use https://www.senderscore.org [smtp-04.iol.local; LIB_110]

2. "It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again."

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 19.3 hour(s):

* somebody@outlook.com

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "ti ha inviato un messaggio"] to somebody@outlook.com. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.

I have contacted the support via chat about 20 (YES, TWENTY) times! Don't even know how many hours passed with them, but NOTHING!

Every time their reply is "it's about your email subject" (WHAAAT?), "it's because you are sending spam" (OH, REALLY? WITH ABOUT 20 EMAILS EACH DAY?) or otherwise they suggest that the solution is on this page: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-does-my-email-bounce-mean-3568 (spoiler: there are no such errors), or sometimes THEY JUST DROP THE CONNECTION.

Anybody can help with a solution or the best one is to change the provider?

0 REPLIES 0