• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

What are the steps to map a GoDaddy subdomain to a Google Cloud Run service?

I am trying to map a custom domain (api.example.com) to my Google Cloud Run service. I verified the ownership of api.example.com in Google's Webmaster Central. I bought the domain example.com and use GoDaddy as my domain registrar. In the GoDaddy UI I added the DNS records, Cloud Run provided me with, the following way:

• 4 A Records: Host = api.example.com; Points to = <ip_provided_by_cloud_run>
    • 4 AAAA Records: Host = api.example.com; Points to = <ip_provided_by_cloud_run>

Furthermore, I added a CNAME record:

• CNAME Record: Host = api; Points to = api.example.com

I am fairly new to domain ownership and the weird thing is, that the mapping works for an hour or so, before it breaks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @gunner_gez and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this issue or were you able to solve it and mind sharing how?

I was able to locate a previous GoDaddy Community post with a similar issue with additional steps to your steps provided. Those steps also include how to update your domain's nameserver's to Google's nameserver's.

Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these resources have been helpful with troubleshooting.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Employee

Hello @gunner_gez and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this issue or were you able to solve it and mind sharing how?

I was able to locate a previous GoDaddy Community post with a similar issue with additional steps to your steps provided. Those steps also include how to update your domain's nameserver's to Google's nameserver's.

Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these resources have been helpful with troubleshooting.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post