• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

cPanel created by the WHMCS via GoDaddy reseller hosting

Hello. I recently purchased a GoDaddy reseller plan with WHMCS. The setup of the WHMCS is a step by step guided feature where it create a WHMCS account as well as a cPanel/WHM account. I want to change the username in the created cPanel, but can't find where to do it.  Now, the only why I'm able to even access the cPanel is to click the 3 dots next to the WHMCS login button in the GoDaddy hosting dashboard and selecting "File Manager". Once I do so, I then have to click on the "CP" Control Panel logo at the top left of the screen to get into cPanel. When looking in the list of accounts in WHM, that cPanel isn't there. The created cPanel is almost like a phantom cPanel. I know it exist cause I got in it and clicked around. I just can't find where GoDaddy keep the username and password setting as I can change it to something more useful. The auto-generated username is like s361yeihrkne blah blah. I'd like to name it something more useful.

1 REPLY 1
    Solution

Re: cPanel created by the WHMCS via GoDaddy reseller hosting

Hey @anythingpixel

I've checked into this concern with our hosting teams and if this was for a Dedicated Server plan that you have WHMCS installed on, then you'll need to contact WHMCS support on how you might be able to change the username that is automatically generated. Unfortunately, we do not have a walkthrough document for this one.

If this was for our one of our Business Hosting plans with WHMCS installed, the generated username cannot be changed at all.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support