• Website Design & Development

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

All images disappearing

Hello and thank you for reading.

I'm encountering an issue where I visit my custom WordPress site and all the images are missing. Or, I'll visit, everything displays correctly, but when I refresh the page the images disappear. I've found that going to the WordPress dashboard and flushing the cache fixes the problem for the time being. But, that doesn't seem to address the root of the problem. If anyone is able to shed some light on why this might be happening, that would be excellent.

Thank you for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@onebadlanding 

My suggestion is to update your stylesheet and have the full path for the images rather than starting with /wp-content

I believe the issue is due to the CDN and the path of the images it is looking for them at the root of the CDN domain rather than in the sub-folders for your site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@onebadlanding 

My suggestion is to update your stylesheet and have the full path for the images rather than starting with /wp-content

I believe the issue is due to the CDN and the path of the images it is looking for them at the root of the CDN domain rather than in the sub-folders for your site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thanks very much—I'll give it a try.