• GoDaddy Community
  • Website Design & Development
  • Website Design & Development

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Customer checkout by credit card option?

We are resellers.  I want my customers to provide their credit card information at checkout so that I can phone in their order to the manufacturer who then drop ships the order to the customer. 

I don't want to use these merchant accounts, Paypal, etc... as they significantly drive up the costs to the customer with their required percentages and fees. 

Is there a way to have the customer simply provide their credit card information to me at checkout to complete their order without having to go through these merchant accounts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

@Service1 

Do you really want the responsibility of storing and protecting that data?  In addition, to then provide that info to a third party provider without customer's knowledge or approval can be problematic and cause all kinds of misunderstandings.  And charge-backs when they don't recognize the charge.  Which then leads to a poor customer experience.

You would then need to make sure that you are clear and upfront about your process so that customers know that is how you operate and what to expect.   And, that may be a reason to not order from you.  No win-win there.   So, I would amortize any fees into your product's pricing.

Using a Paypal, Stripe or other Merchant Account handles securing that data for you.  The cost, well, that is a cost of business and should be considered when pricing your products.

The only option you have with W+M  is to setup an Off-line payment method within W+M where you note either a separate secured URL to provide that data or that you'll call to get that information.  

Either way is really not efficient, practical or something I would advise any of my clients to do when it comes to succeeding in eCommerce.

Judith
    "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II

@Service1 

Do you really want the responsibility of storing and protecting that data?  In addition, to then provide that info to a third party provider without customer's knowledge or approval can be problematic and cause all kinds of misunderstandings.  And charge-backs when they don't recognize the charge.  Which then leads to a poor customer experience.

You would then need to make sure that you are clear and upfront about your process so that customers know that is how you operate and what to expect.   And, that may be a reason to not order from you.  No win-win there.   So, I would amortize any fees into your product's pricing.

Using a Paypal, Stripe or other Merchant Account handles securing that data for you.  The cost, well, that is a cost of business and should be considered when pricing your products.

The only option you have with W+M  is to setup an Off-line payment method within W+M where you note either a separate secured URL to provide that data or that you'll call to get that information.  

Either way is really not efficient, practical or something I would advise any of my clients to do when it comes to succeeding in eCommerce.

Judith
    "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post