cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Resolver I

Hosting and Embedding video on learnPress site

Hey there,

I am creating a site to host my own video courses. The issue that I am facing is with embedding videos. I understand that it will be impossible to prevent the download of my videos because that is how the browser works (let me know if there is a way). I was looking at uploading videos on Youtube as unlisted and then embed it to my site. That way less of my server resources are used. The problem with this approach is that now a potentially malicious user does not need to download the videos they see (Under developer tools) the link and share my videos as links. I am open to suggestions as to how should I go about this. Should I host my own videos on my site o365cloudexperts.com? What plugins do you recommend that will me prevent download?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @Akshay_M. Thanks for posting. There are multiple video hosting platforms out there that can secure your content and make it difficult to for them to download the content. I agree with @MrVapor that making it a subscription service would help. One vendor that I know of that has security features is Wistia. With that service you set it up so videos require authentication to view and the videos can not be embedded on other sites. Of course, someone could still manually record the screen, but there's no need to make it easy for them 😁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II

@Akshay_M 

My suggestion is to charge a small, nominal fee for accessing the content. People are less likely to attempt to subvert content from others if they have to pay for it. I don't know why. It's some psychological thing.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @Akshay_M. Thanks for posting. There are multiple video hosting platforms out there that can secure your content and make it difficult to for them to download the content. I agree with @MrVapor that making it a subscription service would help. One vendor that I know of that has security features is Wistia. With that service you set it up so videos require authentication to view and the videos can not be embedded on other sites. Of course, someone could still manually record the screen, but there's no need to make it easy for them 😁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post