• Website Design & Development

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Super User II

Why use WordPress?

WordPress is a fantastic platform.

One of the primary benefits of WordPress is it is so easy to use, and that quickly helped it gain popularity and users.

While WordPress is an excellent blogging platform, it can do so much more than just serving as a blog. It is one of the most adaptable and well-supported Content Management Systems (CMS) out there.

Well-Known Companies Use WordPress

Many well-known companies use WordPress as their web platform, including The New Yorker, The Official Star Wars Blog, MTV News, and The New York Times Company, just to name a few. The designers who created these sites could use the WordPress platform to design pages that share information in unique ways. Each brand is distinctive from the other, and you don't even need to see a logo to find out which site you're on.

That kind of adaptability on the fly is a great asset you can use in your favor.

WordPress Supports E-Commerce Sites

There are plugins available that allow you to create a site that can transform your WordPress blog into a full-blown e-commerce solution. While WordPress may not have been designed initially for e-commerce, the developers took great strides to make this work, seeing a need that needed to be filled.

When researching the different e-commerce plugins available, make sure to check what security measures they used to develop the plugin. While many WordPress features, plugins and themes are free, it is worth noting that you usually get what you pay for and the added security/support that is available by using a premium paid plugin can sometimes be invaluable.

WordPress Has a Seasoned Support Community

Since WordPress is the most popular CMS, a support community has blossomed around it. If you're having an issue with your WordPress site, your first stop should always be codex.wordpress.org, which has all sorts of troubleshooting techniques that will generally correct most minor issues you may face.

The community itself offers design solutions for themes and plugins. They typically support these themes and plugins via the interface there, and may be able to help when you run into plugin/theme issues or be able to recommend the security measures you need to take to prevent a site compromise.

This alone makes WordPress a great choice if you are designing your website for your business. Having easy access to tutorials, free products, and a thriving support community makes your job that much easier.

WordPress Offers an Affordable, Reliable, and Responsive Design

Most people use their phone or tablet in today's world to access websites. Gone are the times of simple HTML based sites that need special coding to deliver a great user experience on a smartphone.

Now, all you need is a WordPress site with a decent theme. Responsive theming has become a must in design, so most themes are designed with that capability baked in so you don't have to worry about it.

Posting Keeps Your Readers Engaged

The blogging function on WordPress cannot be understated, and the recent update to the Gutenburg editor makes it easier than ever to produce engaging blog posts that will keep readers coming to your site.

So, is WordPress for Amateurs?

Absolutely! It's also for professionals and businesses, as well. WordPress is one of the most versatile platforms out there to develop your web presence with ease.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

6 REPLIES 6
    Advocate VII

HI @MrVapor,

Excellent, concise!!!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Community Manager

Great post @MrVapor!! Good job. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

My site built on GoDaddy Website Builder is just about how I want it.  I would like to utilize more plugins and gadgets but can't. I don't even know how to have my customers content stored when they fill out the Contact Us form. I only get an email. I would love to have that info stored and for a thank you email be sent to them upon receipt.

Am I showing a need to convert to Managed Wordpress via Go Daddy?  IF so, is there a tool to convert my existing sit?

@Lhouse 

• WordPress is vastly using tool in market.
    • Web development is easy and user-friendly.
    • Interaction with support team is good thing.
    • Open-source and peer developers in WP.

@Lhouse 

Yeah, it sounds like you may need to move if that's the customization you need in your site.

Migrating over isn't the simplest thing as the Website Builder is a proprietary building. Typically this involves copying everything over and rebuilding from scratch. I remember at some point GoDaddy was considering an option to migrate you so you didn't have to worry about that, but I'm not sure if it's implemented yet or they decided to move forward with it.

I would recommend giving them a call or jump in a live-chat to see what options they can offer.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you very much for the information on Wordpress. My site www.playarealestategroup.com is currently on a real estate platform called Point2 agent but I think I should consider changing it to Wordpress as it seems to be a lot more flexible. Thank you.